HOME Culture All
Soloist and lead singer of the band ‘The Rose’, Woosung (also known as Sammy), recently sat down with Rolling Stone Korea to answer a few questions. Back in May, he released his second mini album ‘Moth’ that consists of four all-English tracks that were self written and produced. It has been non stop for the artist as his ‘Moth’ showcase finished a few months ago, on top of the band’s most recent album ‘Heal’.
1. [RSK] What was the hardest song to write in your album ‘Moth’?
All the songs were their own journeys but I enjoyed making all of them. This was actually the most collaborative I've been on a project outside of The Rose, so it was a new experience. I would have to say that the hardest song to write was 'Phase Me.' It's got a few different elements so we changed the arrangement of the song a couple of times to get it right.
2. [RSK] Can you tell us about times you have experienced writer's block and how you overcame it?
For me, I haven't really experienced writer's block because I don't write songs when I don't feel like it.
3. [RSK] How do you decide the order of the tracklist on your albums?
I really don't have a technical way or approach to the way I make tracklists. Honestly, I put the songs together by the story I want to tell or how it flows sonically.
4. [RSK] Throughout the years, what is the biggest/most important life lesson/career lesson you’ve learned, and what did you take away from it?
The most important lesson is that I cannot control what happens, so just let it be. Whether that's in shows, public perception, or just life in general, all you can do is the best that you can, and from there the world will take what it wants from it. So I try to be at peace with it all once it leaves my hands.
5. [RSK] What is one current goal you are trying to achieve?
Right now I'm trying to focus on our band 'The Rose' and share our music with the most people we can. It's been a long two years without my band members and our fans the Black Roses. I am so excited to share the music and energy with everyone again.